Sparks in Rajdhani wheels, train detained
Bhubaneswar: The New Delhi-Bhubaneswar
Rajdhani Express was detained for about an hour today after
sparks were noticed under one of its coaches due to "hot
The train was stopped at Kenduapada railway station,
around 65 kms from here, after sparks were noticed from the
wheels of an AC 3-tier bogie along with burning smell, a
senior official of the East Coast Railway said.
After thorough examination, it was found that the spark
was due to friction between the wheels and axle, a phenomenon
called "hot axle", he said.
No harm was caused to any of the passengers due to the
incident, the official said.
The train proceeded towards its destination after the
affected bogie was detached and its passengers were
accommodated in other coaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amber Heard to depose in Depp-divorce case on August 6
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Delhi to Mumbai in 12 hours! Final trial of Talgo bullet train to start from August 1
- Jared Leto was hesitant about following in Ledger's Joker legacy
- Noted writer and social activist Mahasweta Devi passes away in Kolkata