Sparks in Rajdhani wheels, train detained
Bhubaneswar: The New Delhi-Bhubaneswar
Rajdhani Express was detained for about an hour today after
sparks were noticed under one of its coaches due to "hot
The train was stopped at Kenduapada railway station,
around 65 kms from here, after sparks were noticed from the
wheels of an AC 3-tier bogie along with burning smell, a
senior official of the East Coast Railway said.
After thorough examination, it was found that the spark
was due to friction between the wheels and axle, a phenomenon
called "hot axle", he said.
No harm was caused to any of the passengers due to the
incident, the official said.
The train proceeded towards its destination after the
affected bogie was detached and its passengers were
accommodated in other coaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...