Sparks in Rajdhani wheels, train detained
Bhubaneswar: The New Delhi-Bhubaneswar
Rajdhani Express was detained for about an hour today after
sparks were noticed under one of its coaches due to "hot
The train was stopped at Kenduapada railway station,
around 65 kms from here, after sparks were noticed from the
wheels of an AC 3-tier bogie along with burning smell, a
senior official of the East Coast Railway said.
After thorough examination, it was found that the spark
was due to friction between the wheels and axle, a phenomenon
called "hot axle", he said.
No harm was caused to any of the passengers due to the
incident, the official said.
The train proceeded towards its destination after the
affected bogie was detached and its passengers were
accommodated in other coaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!