Sparks in Rajdhani wheels, train detained
Bhubaneswar: The New Delhi-Bhubaneswar
Rajdhani Express was detained for about an hour today after
sparks were noticed under one of its coaches due to "hot
The train was stopped at Kenduapada railway station,
around 65 kms from here, after sparks were noticed from the
wheels of an AC 3-tier bogie along with burning smell, a
senior official of the East Coast Railway said.
After thorough examination, it was found that the spark
was due to friction between the wheels and axle, a phenomenon
called "hot axle", he said.
No harm was caused to any of the passengers due to the
incident, the official said.
The train proceeded towards its destination after the
affected bogie was detached and its passengers were
accommodated in other coaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Mood swings! What's on Parineeti Chopra's mind?
- WATCH: IPL 2016 final highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad
- Fast, stretchy circuits could revolutionise Internet of Things!
- This latest OK JAANU pic shows Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor are so much in love!
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar