Sparks in Rajdhani wheels, train detained
Bhubaneswar: The New Delhi-Bhubaneswar
Rajdhani Express was detained for about an hour today after
sparks were noticed under one of its coaches due to "hot
The train was stopped at Kenduapada railway station,
around 65 kms from here, after sparks were noticed from the
wheels of an AC 3-tier bogie along with burning smell, a
senior official of the East Coast Railway said.
After thorough examination, it was found that the spark
was due to friction between the wheels and axle, a phenomenon
called "hot axle", he said.
No harm was caused to any of the passengers due to the
incident, the official said.
The train proceeded towards its destination after the
affected bogie was detached and its passengers were
accommodated in other coaches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you