Special drive in Berhampur, about 400 arrested
Berhampur (Odisha): As many as 392 persons allegedly involved in various crimes were arrested in Ganjam district of Odisha during the last fortnight.
Police arrested the accused persons against whom non-bailable warrants were pending by launching a special drive to execute the non-bailable warrants, police sources said.
Out of the arrested persons, 265 were from Ganjam police jurisdiction and 127 belonged to Berhampur region, they said.
Some of the arrested persons were allegedly involved in heinous crimes like murder, dacoity and robbery. Police also seized some firearms including a pistol.
During the drive the police also registered over 100 excise cases and seized huge quantities of foreign and country-made liquor.
Police also seized about 50 kg of mahua flowers in Berhampur during the raids, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble