Special drive in Berhampur, about 400 arrested
Berhampur (Odisha): As many as 392 persons allegedly involved in various crimes were arrested in Ganjam district of Odisha during the last fortnight.
Police arrested the accused persons against whom non-bailable warrants were pending by launching a special drive to execute the non-bailable warrants, police sources said.
Out of the arrested persons, 265 were from Ganjam police jurisdiction and 127 belonged to Berhampur region, they said.
Some of the arrested persons were allegedly involved in heinous crimes like murder, dacoity and robbery. Police also seized some firearms including a pistol.
During the drive the police also registered over 100 excise cases and seized huge quantities of foreign and country-made liquor.
Police also seized about 50 kg of mahua flowers in Berhampur during the raids, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30