Special drive in Berhampur, about 400 arrested
Berhampur (Odisha): As many as 392 persons allegedly involved in various crimes were arrested in Ganjam district of Odisha during the last fortnight.
Police arrested the accused persons against whom non-bailable warrants were pending by launching a special drive to execute the non-bailable warrants, police sources said.
Out of the arrested persons, 265 were from Ganjam police jurisdiction and 127 belonged to Berhampur region, they said.
Some of the arrested persons were allegedly involved in heinous crimes like murder, dacoity and robbery. Police also seized some firearms including a pistol.
During the drive the police also registered over 100 excise cases and seized huge quantities of foreign and country-made liquor.
Police also seized about 50 kg of mahua flowers in Berhampur during the raids, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?