Sr BJD leader claims party MLA trying to kill him
Bhubaneswar: Senior BJD leader and MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra today alleged that a gangster has been hired by one of his party MLAs to kill him.
"A Kolkata-based gangster has been engaged by an MLA of our party. I will not disclose the name of the MLA. I will tell everything to the Chief Minister," Mohapatra told reporters here.
He claimed that a group of six persons had already said in public that they would "eliminate" him.
"I feel threat to my life as six people are roaming in the state carrying my photograph. I have informed the matter to the police," he said.
Mohapatra further alleged that "about 50 musclemen were roaming near my residence at Saheed Nagar last night. We could go to sleep only at about 3 am after police drove them away".
On the reason behind he being the target of the "conspirator", Mohapatra said the group wanted to eliminate him in order to target the Chief Minister.
"There is a group of conspirators wanting to fulfil their interest by creating difference between me and the Chief Minister," Mohapatra said, adding, he had been working hard to safeguard the interest of both the Chief Minister and the regional party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far
- West Bengal renamed as 'Bangla' in Bengali, 'Bengal' in English; state assembly passes resolution