Sr BJD leader claims party MLA trying to kill him
Bhubaneswar: Senior BJD leader and MP Pyari Mohan Mohapatra today alleged that a gangster has been hired by one of his party MLAs to kill him.
"A Kolkata-based gangster has been engaged by an MLA of our party. I will not disclose the name of the MLA. I will tell everything to the Chief Minister," Mohapatra told reporters here.
He claimed that a group of six persons had already said in public that they would "eliminate" him.
"I feel threat to my life as six people are roaming in the state carrying my photograph. I have informed the matter to the police," he said.
Mohapatra further alleged that "about 50 musclemen were roaming near my residence at Saheed Nagar last night. We could go to sleep only at about 3 am after police drove them away".
On the reason behind he being the target of the "conspirator", Mohapatra said the group wanted to eliminate him in order to target the Chief Minister.
"There is a group of conspirators wanting to fulfil their interest by creating difference between me and the Chief Minister," Mohapatra said, adding, he had been working hard to safeguard the interest of both the Chief Minister and the regional party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman