Student arrested for blackmailing a girl
Rourkela: An engineering student was
arrested on Thursday arrested for allegedly blackmailing and
threatening a girl student.
Anwar Asif (24) has been booked under various sections
of IPC for blackmailing and harassing the girl, a fellow
M Tech student for the past two years, police said.
The situation became unbearable for the girl yesterday
when Asif threatened to take her life and she lodged a
complaint with the police, who arrested him.
Anwar`s mobile phone and laptop were seized,
Sundargarh superintendent of police Himansu Lal said.
He was produced before a local court here, who
remanded him to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM