Student arrested for blackmailing a girl
Rourkela: An engineering student was
arrested on Thursday arrested for allegedly blackmailing and
threatening a girl student.
Anwar Asif (24) has been booked under various sections
of IPC for blackmailing and harassing the girl, a fellow
M Tech student for the past two years, police said.
The situation became unbearable for the girl yesterday
when Asif threatened to take her life and she lodged a
complaint with the police, who arrested him.
Anwar`s mobile phone and laptop were seized,
Sundargarh superintendent of police Himansu Lal said.
He was produced before a local court here, who
remanded him to jail custody.
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse arrives from Oman