Student arrested for blackmailing a girl
Rourkela: An engineering student was
arrested on Thursday arrested for allegedly blackmailing and
threatening a girl student.
Anwar Asif (24) has been booked under various sections
of IPC for blackmailing and harassing the girl, a fellow
M Tech student for the past two years, police said.
The situation became unbearable for the girl yesterday
when Asif threatened to take her life and she lodged a
complaint with the police, who arrested him.
Anwar`s mobile phone and laptop were seized,
Sundargarh superintendent of police Himansu Lal said.
He was produced before a local court here, who
remanded him to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31