Student arrested for blackmailing a girl
Rourkela: An engineering student was
arrested on Thursday arrested for allegedly blackmailing and
threatening a girl student.
Anwar Asif (24) has been booked under various sections
of IPC for blackmailing and harassing the girl, a fellow
M Tech student for the past two years, police said.
The situation became unbearable for the girl yesterday
when Asif threatened to take her life and she lodged a
complaint with the police, who arrested him.
Anwar`s mobile phone and laptop were seized,
Sundargarh superintendent of police Himansu Lal said.
He was produced before a local court here, who
remanded him to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi