Student unrest at SCB Pharmacy College,Cuttack
Cuttack: Students of the Pharmacy College located inside SCB medical college and hospital here have launched an agitation demanding among other things immediate repair of class rooms which are in a dilapidated condition.
The agitated students boycotted their classes and staged a dharna in front of the office of their principal yesterday to press their demands.
Principal K C Mohapatra assured students that their ramshackle classrooms would be immediately repaired and steps would be taken to redress other inherent problems of the College at a war-footing manner.
The students claim that the authorities were not paying any heed to their problems like insufficient faculties and study materials and lack of equipment in laboratories. They were also agitated over the dilapidated condition of their classrooms for which the students were accommodated in their laboratories for theory classes.
The laboratory having a capacity for 30 students was highly inadequate to accommodate 60 students for theory classes, alleged the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed