Student unrest at SCB Pharmacy College,Cuttack
Cuttack: Students of the Pharmacy College located inside SCB medical college and hospital here have launched an agitation demanding among other things immediate repair of class rooms which are in a dilapidated condition.
The agitated students boycotted their classes and staged a dharna in front of the office of their principal yesterday to press their demands.
Principal K C Mohapatra assured students that their ramshackle classrooms would be immediately repaired and steps would be taken to redress other inherent problems of the College at a war-footing manner.
The students claim that the authorities were not paying any heed to their problems like insufficient faculties and study materials and lack of equipment in laboratories. They were also agitated over the dilapidated condition of their classrooms for which the students were accommodated in their laboratories for theory classes.
The laboratory having a capacity for 30 students was highly inadequate to accommodate 60 students for theory classes, alleged the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj