Student unrest at SCB Pharmacy College,Cuttack
Cuttack: Students of the Pharmacy College located inside SCB medical college and hospital here have launched an agitation demanding among other things immediate repair of class rooms which are in a dilapidated condition.
The agitated students boycotted their classes and staged a dharna in front of the office of their principal yesterday to press their demands.
Principal K C Mohapatra assured students that their ramshackle classrooms would be immediately repaired and steps would be taken to redress other inherent problems of the College at a war-footing manner.
The students claim that the authorities were not paying any heed to their problems like insufficient faculties and study materials and lack of equipment in laboratories. They were also agitated over the dilapidated condition of their classrooms for which the students were accommodated in their laboratories for theory classes.
The laboratory having a capacity for 30 students was highly inadequate to accommodate 60 students for theory classes, alleged the students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media