Students demand minister`s resignation over paper leak
Bhubaneswar: Hundreds of students on Saturday scuffled with the police here and forcibly entered the residence of Odisha Higher Education Minister Badrinarayan Patra demanding his resignation over frequent question paper leaks, police sources said.
Students belonging to AIDSO (All India Democratic Students Organisation) hit the streets and scuffled with baton-wielding police during a demonstration before forcibly entering the official residence of the minister demanding his resignation, they said.
About two dozen students including girls were arrested, they said.
Meanwhile, a college teacher in Kalahandi district was arrested for allegedly leaking the chemistry question paper, an official said.
"The superintendent of Mahalinga Anchalika College examination centre in Kalahandi district was arrested after the seal of the chemistry question paper packet was found open," chairman of the Council of Higher Secondary Education G S Ray, said.
The examination was scheduled to be held on Tuesday.
The CHSE conducting the Plus-II examinations has cancelled the physics examination and rescheduled the chemistry examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?