Students demand minister`s resignation over paper leak
Bhubaneswar: Hundreds of students on Saturday scuffled with the police here and forcibly entered the residence of Odisha Higher Education Minister Badrinarayan Patra demanding his resignation over frequent question paper leaks, police sources said.
Students belonging to AIDSO (All India Democratic Students Organisation) hit the streets and scuffled with baton-wielding police during a demonstration before forcibly entering the official residence of the minister demanding his resignation, they said.
About two dozen students including girls were arrested, they said.
Meanwhile, a college teacher in Kalahandi district was arrested for allegedly leaking the chemistry question paper, an official said.
"The superintendent of Mahalinga Anchalika College examination centre in Kalahandi district was arrested after the seal of the chemistry question paper packet was found open," chairman of the Council of Higher Secondary Education G S Ray, said.
The examination was scheduled to be held on Tuesday.
The CHSE conducting the Plus-II examinations has cancelled the physics examination and rescheduled the chemistry examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’