Students demand minister`s resignation over paper leak
Bhubaneswar: Hundreds of students on Saturday scuffled with the police here and forcibly entered the residence of Odisha Higher Education Minister Badrinarayan Patra demanding his resignation over frequent question paper leaks, police sources said.
Students belonging to AIDSO (All India Democratic Students Organisation) hit the streets and scuffled with baton-wielding police during a demonstration before forcibly entering the official residence of the minister demanding his resignation, they said.
About two dozen students including girls were arrested, they said.
Meanwhile, a college teacher in Kalahandi district was arrested for allegedly leaking the chemistry question paper, an official said.
"The superintendent of Mahalinga Anchalika College examination centre in Kalahandi district was arrested after the seal of the chemistry question paper packet was found open," chairman of the Council of Higher Secondary Education G S Ray, said.
The examination was scheduled to be held on Tuesday.
The CHSE conducting the Plus-II examinations has cancelled the physics examination and rescheduled the chemistry examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS