Students injured in clash over IPL match on TV
Kendrapara: Arguments over watching IPL T20 cricket on TV led to a clash between two groups of students, injuring 20, at a college hostel in Odisha`s Kendrapara district last night.
Students of the plus three second year at the Nimai Charan Das hostel who were appearing for their semester examination objected to the tv while those of the first year were for it leading to the clash leaving 20 students injured, Inspector Kendrapara police station, Ranjan Kumar Dey said.
"The situation turned tense. But it was brought under control with police forces deployed at the hostel," Das said.
He said 22 students were detained and released later after giving an undertaking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Indian-American Christians condemn attack on Syria church head
- UK opposition leader says Brexit vote is due to anger at governments
- Whoa! Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra's 4-minute act at IIFA costs a bomb!
- S Asians disappointed over US apex court ruling on immigration
- 'Sad day for Europe, Britain,' says German foreign minister