Students injured in clash over IPL match on TV
Kendrapara: Arguments over watching IPL T20 cricket on TV led to a clash between two groups of students, injuring 20, at a college hostel in Odisha`s Kendrapara district Thursday night.
Students of the plus three second year at the Nimai Charan Das hostel who were appearing for their semester examination objected to the tv while those of the first year were for it leading to the clash leaving 20 students injured, Inspector Kendrapara police station, Ranjan Kumar Dey said.
"The situation turned tense. But it was brought under control with police forces deployed at the hostel," Das said.
He said 22 students were detained and released later after giving an undertaking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed