Students injured in clash over IPL match on TV
Kendrapara: Arguments over watching IPL T20 cricket on TV led to a clash between two groups of students, injuring 20, at a college hostel in Odisha`s Kendrapara district Thursday night.
Students of the plus three second year at the Nimai Charan Das hostel who were appearing for their semester examination objected to the tv while those of the first year were for it leading to the clash leaving 20 students injured, Inspector Kendrapara police station, Ranjan Kumar Dey said.
"The situation turned tense. But it was brought under control with police forces deployed at the hostel," Das said.
He said 22 students were detained and released later after giving an undertaking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand