Students injured in clash over IPL match on TV
Kendrapara: Arguments over watching IPL T20 cricket on TV led to a clash between two groups of students, injuring 20, at a college hostel in Odisha`s Kendrapara district Thursday night.
Students of the plus three second year at the Nimai Charan Das hostel who were appearing for their semester examination objected to the tv while those of the first year were for it leading to the clash leaving 20 students injured, Inspector Kendrapara police station, Ranjan Kumar Dey said.
"The situation turned tense. But it was brought under control with police forces deployed at the hostel," Das said.
He said 22 students were detained and released later after giving an undertaking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket