Students injured in clash over IPL match on TV
Kendrapara: Arguments over watching IPL T20 cricket on TV led to a clash between two groups of students, injuring 20, at a college hostel in Odisha`s Kendrapara district Thursday night.
Students of the plus three second year at the Nimai Charan Das hostel who were appearing for their semester examination objected to the tv while those of the first year were for it leading to the clash leaving 20 students injured, Inspector Kendrapara police station, Ranjan Kumar Dey said.
"The situation turned tense. But it was brought under control with police forces deployed at the hostel," Das said.
He said 22 students were detained and released later after giving an undertaking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'