Sunstroke death toll in Odisha mounts to 15
Bhubaneswar: With three fresh deaths reported from separate places, the number of deaths in Odisha due to sunstroke rose to 15 on Wednesday, official sources said.
Two fresh sunstroke deaths were reported from Kenonjhar while another from Balangir district as the mercury level further rose beyond 40 degree Celsius after two days, office of the special relief commissioner (SRC) said here.
Though the commissioner`s office has so far received reports of 52 people dying due to sunstroke the district collectors confirmed 15 deaths due to sunstroke and reported 18 dying due to some other reasons.
The SRC was waiting the report on 19 other cases.
While three deaths have been confirmed in Mayurbhanj district, two deaths were reported from Keonjhar and Balangir district, they said, adding that, one each was reported from Angul, Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jajpur, Kendrapara and Khurda.
Though temperature remained below 40 degree Celsius for last two days, the mercury today further raised. The highest was recorded at 41.2 degree Celsius at Bhawanipatna followed by 40.8 degree Celsius in Bhubaneswar and 40.5 degree Celsius each in Titlagarh and Sambalpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000