Superintendent of the Berhampur Sports Hostel suspended
Berhampur (Odisha): The superintendent of the Berhampur Sports Hostel here has been suspended for dereliction of duty, official sources said on Monday.
Superintendent S N Majhi was suspended with immediate effect on charges of dereliction of duty and misconduct towards hostel inmates, they said.
Dharma Rao, the weightlifting coach in the hostel, was made in-charge superintendent in place of Majhi, they said.
Majhi, however, claimed innocence.
Expressing surprise over the action, several boarders and weightlifters of the hostel said that the suspension order should be revoked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court