Superintendent of the Berhampur Sports Hostel suspended
Berhampur (Odisha): The superintendent of the Berhampur Sports Hostel here has been suspended for dereliction of duty, official sources said on Monday.
Superintendent S N Majhi was suspended with immediate effect on charges of dereliction of duty and misconduct towards hostel inmates, they said.
Dharma Rao, the weightlifting coach in the hostel, was made in-charge superintendent in place of Majhi, they said.
Majhi, however, claimed innocence.
Expressing surprise over the action, several boarders and weightlifters of the hostel said that the suspension order should be revoked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns
- Kolkata civic body orders testing of bread samples
- Two journalists asked to leave army event as they didn't stand up during national anthem
- Huawei files lawsuits accusing Samsung of violating patents
- In Pakistan's Lahore, school attacked after teacher ''rapes'' student