Superintendent of the Berhampur Sports Hostel suspended
Berhampur (Odisha): The superintendent of the Berhampur Sports Hostel here has been suspended for dereliction of duty, official sources said on Monday.
Superintendent S N Majhi was suspended with immediate effect on charges of dereliction of duty and misconduct towards hostel inmates, they said.
Dharma Rao, the weightlifting coach in the hostel, was made in-charge superintendent in place of Majhi, they said.
Majhi, however, claimed innocence.
Expressing surprise over the action, several boarders and weightlifters of the hostel said that the suspension order should be revoked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender