Supervisor of company kidnapped by Maoists
Rourkela: The supervisor of a private
construction company was kidnapped allegedly by armed Maoists
from Bhalulata under Bisra police station area, about 40 km
from here today, police said.
Pankaj Rout was supervising road construction at a
site when four ultras in two motor-cycles abducted him at gun
point, they said.
The rebels were suspected to have taken Rout into
adjoining Jharkhand, police said adding combing operation has
been launched in the area.
The Maoists were believed to have demanded a hefty
money from the construction company recently and the abduction
was apparently due to non-payment of the levy, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says