Survey to identify unsafe buildings in Cuttack
Cuttack: Cuttack district administration has decided to carry out a survey and identify the dilapidated and unsafe buildings in the district.
At a city working committee meeting here, it was decided that the survey would begin from July 14 and conclude by the month-end.
?Since Cuttack city is more than a thousand-year-old, the city civic body commissioner in the meeting proposed to conduct the survey sincerely in the city area?, a press release issued by the district administration said.
Accordingly, all the corporators of the city have been asked to form separate committees in their respective areas and extend cooperation to the survey teams.
In 2006, the public works department made a survey of government buildings in the city and identified at least 200 government residential buildings which are over hundred years old and have outlived their durability, the sources said.
Many of them, including an old building called `Kerala Hostel` located inside the SCB Medical College campus here were declared unsafe with suggestions to demolish them forthwith.
The district administration in December 2012 demolished ?Kerala Hostel?.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH