Suspected Maoist nabbed during combing operation dies
Rayagada, Orissa: A suspected Maoist, nabbed during combing operation, died in police custody in Orissa`s Rayagada district, police sources said Thursday.
Pidira Kadesika (35) was picked up along with explosives and arms by special operation group from the dense forest of Tugapalanka under Chandrapur police station area, about 100 km from here June one, they said.
Pidira suddenly fell ill with signs of breathing problem after being brought here by a police team yesterday, additional superintendent of police Santosh Mall said.
He was immediately admitted to the district headquarters hospital where doctors declared him dead, he said adding the body was sent for a post-mortem and efforts were on to
ascertain the circumstances that led to his death.
Police had seized a huge quantity of explosive materials, a country made gun, four live cartridges, a VHF set and some banners and posters from Pidira, police said.
Meanwhile, road communication between Muniguda and Chandrapur was disrupted due to felling of trees on the way by Maoists, apparently in protest against the death of
Pidira, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH