Suspected Maoist nabbed during combing operation dies
Rayagada, Orissa: A suspected Maoist, nabbed during combing operation, died in police custody in Orissa`s Rayagada district, police sources said Thursday.
Pidira Kadesika (35) was picked up along with explosives and arms by special operation group from the dense forest of Tugapalanka under Chandrapur police station area, about 100 km from here June one, they said.
Pidira suddenly fell ill with signs of breathing problem after being brought here by a police team yesterday, additional superintendent of police Santosh Mall said.
He was immediately admitted to the district headquarters hospital where doctors declared him dead, he said adding the body was sent for a post-mortem and efforts were on to
ascertain the circumstances that led to his death.
Police had seized a huge quantity of explosive materials, a country made gun, four live cartridges, a VHF set and some banners and posters from Pidira, police said.
Meanwhile, road communication between Muniguda and Chandrapur was disrupted due to felling of trees on the way by Maoists, apparently in protest against the death of
Pidira, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees