Suspected Maoists kill teen in Orissa, torch house
Bhubaneswar: Suspected Maoists Thursday killed a boy and torched the house of a home guard in Orissa’s Mayurbhanj district, police said.
"A group of about 20-30 suspected rebels dragged 15-year-old Sukanta Murmu from his house at Handibhanga village and later killed him by silting his throat," a police officer said.
The rebels also torched the house of Rama Marandi, a home guard in the same village of Mayurbhanj district, about 300 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city