Suspected Maoists kill teen in Orissa, torch house
Bhubaneswar: Suspected Maoists Thursday killed a boy and torched the house of a home guard in Orissa’s Mayurbhanj district, police said.
"A group of about 20-30 suspected rebels dragged 15-year-old Sukanta Murmu from his house at Handibhanga village and later killed him by silting his throat," a police officer said.
The rebels also torched the house of Rama Marandi, a home guard in the same village of Mayurbhanj district, about 300 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims