Suspected Maoists kill teen in Orissa, torch house
Bhubaneswar: Suspected Maoists Thursday killed a boy and torched the house of a home guard in Orissa’s Mayurbhanj district, police said.
"A group of about 20-30 suspected rebels dragged 15-year-old Sukanta Murmu from his house at Handibhanga village and later killed him by silting his throat," a police officer said.
The rebels also torched the house of Rama Marandi, a home guard in the same village of Mayurbhanj district, about 300 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town