Suspended BJP MLA appears at matric exam
Bhubaneswar: Suspended Odisha BJP leader and MLA Bhimsen Choudhury was among about five lakh candidates who appeared at the annual high school certificate examination on Monday.
Born in 1962, Choudhury represents Bonai assembly seat reserved for tribal candidates in Sundergarh district. His qualification in the Assembly record is "under-matric".
Father of four children, Choudhury wrote the examination at Raja Dharanidhar High School at Bonai.
He appeared at the examination as an ex-regular candidate, an official of the Board of Secondary Education (BOSE) said, adding that on the first day the MLA appeared in the paper on Odiya language.
Though the first phase of the Budget Session of the Assembly continued till today from February 14, Choudhury was not attending the proceedings due to his examination. "He is serious about the examination," an MLA colleague said.
Choudhury was suspended from BJP on charge of defying the party whip in the last Rajya Sabha elections. He was accused of deliberately abstaining from the RS elections to pave way for victory of ruling BJD candidate. Choudhury, however, denied the charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal