T K Mishra named Orissa`s next chief information commissioner
Bhubaneswar: Former chief secretary Tarun Kanti Mishra was
Monday day named as the Orissa`s next chief information commissioner here, official sources said.
Mishra, who retired from the government service in
August, was selected at the state level selection committee
meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
He will replace D N Padhee, also a retired IAS
Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh, who is also a
member of the committee, however, opposed selection of an
ex-bureaucrat as the chief information commissioner.
"Patnaik has apparently made office of the information
commission a rehabilitation centre for retired officers,"
Earlier, Pramod Kumar Mohanty, a retired officer from
the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO), was given berth of a
commissioner at the office of the state information
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America