T K Mishra named Orissa`s next chief information commissioner
Bhubaneswar: Former chief secretary Tarun Kanti Mishra was
Monday day named as the Orissa`s next chief information commissioner here, official sources said.
Mishra, who retired from the government service in
August, was selected at the state level selection committee
meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
He will replace D N Padhee, also a retired IAS
Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh, who is also a
member of the committee, however, opposed selection of an
ex-bureaucrat as the chief information commissioner.
"Patnaik has apparently made office of the information
commission a rehabilitation centre for retired officers,"
Earlier, Pramod Kumar Mohanty, a retired officer from
the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO), was given berth of a
commissioner at the office of the state information
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan