T K Mishra named Orissa`s next chief information commissioner
Bhubaneswar: Former chief secretary Tarun Kanti Mishra was
Monday day named as the Orissa`s next chief information commissioner here, official sources said.
Mishra, who retired from the government service in
August, was selected at the state level selection committee
meeting chaired by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
He will replace D N Padhee, also a retired IAS
Leader of Opposition Bhupinder Singh, who is also a
member of the committee, however, opposed selection of an
ex-bureaucrat as the chief information commissioner.
"Patnaik has apparently made office of the information
commission a rehabilitation centre for retired officers,"
Earlier, Pramod Kumar Mohanty, a retired officer from
the Chief Minister`s Office (CMO), was given berth of a
commissioner at the office of the state information
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September