Tata Steel facilitates school education in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Adopting a host of measures to promote education in Odisha, Tata Steel has provided assistance to more than 200 schools in the State, official sources said.
To improve infrastructure in schools located in and around its areas of operation, the Company has taken proactive steps in repairing and constructing buildings and boundary walls and distributed desks and benches to schools, sources said.
It has also distributed essential items to students regularly to further their education, company sources said.
The latest endeavour of the steel major has been to extend Jyoti Fellowship Awards to the students of the State. Jyoti Fellowship Awards are given under the aegis of the Tata Steel-promoted Tribal Cultural Society (TCS).
This fellowship supports education of underprivileged Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) students of Standard VII and above. During the current year, more than 700 poor students belonging to Keonjhar, Jajpur and Ganjam districts were provided assistance under the scheme.
The commitment of the Steel Company towards providing world class education for tribal community is testified by the MoU signed by it in this regard with Bhubaneswar-based Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS), sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!