Teacher held for sexually assaulting students
Nayagarh: A government school teacher was arrested on Sunday on charge of having unnatural sex and showing obscene visuals to students from internet sites in Odisha`s Nayagarh district, official sources said.
Chandra Sekhar Choudhury, computer teacher of Navodaya School here, was arrested from Berhampur in Ganjam district on the basis of an FIR lodged by school principal B Hussain Appa yesterday, Nayagarh sub-collector Manas Ranjan Debta said.
The teacher used to visit the hostel of the central government-run boarding school every night and access sites meant for adults in presence of adolescent boys before indulging in unnatural sex with them, he said.
In the face of the unabated acts, a few students had gathered courage to raise objection and drew the attention of at least four teachers.
However, the teachers instead of censuring Choudhury allegedly tried to shield him.
Meanwhile, on being informed of the matter by parents, district collector Muralidhar Barik had asked the Sub collector to inquire into it.
"I visited the school yesterday, spoke to students, teachers, the principal and other staff and it was found prima facie that the allegation against Choudhury was not unfounded", the Sub collector said.
After the inquiry, the principal lodged the complaint and then the police arrested the teacher, Debta said adding the school authorities had also served show cause notice to the four teachers for dereliction in duty.
There are 200 boarders in the co-education school, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis