Teenager commits suicide for exam pressure
Cuttack: A teenage student of Ravenshaw
Junior College here allegedly committed suicide on Thursday by
hanging from a mobile tower in Ranihat area after failing to
cope with examination pressure.
Rajesh Naik (17), who was to appear Plus-II (Arts)
final exams next month, was found hanging from the tower on
the rooftop of a private hospital.
He was staying with his mother Ranjita Naik in the
hospital premises where she worked as a casual worker, the
The police said Rajesh a quarrel with his mother last
night over his plans to drop the examinations for lack of
But his mother insisted him on appearing the
examination, the police said.
The police have launched an investigation as the boy`s
hands and legs were tied with a rope when hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief