Teenager commits suicide for exam pressure
Cuttack: A teenage student of Ravenshaw
Junior College here allegedly committed suicide on Thursday by
hanging from a mobile tower in Ranihat area after failing to
cope with examination pressure.
Rajesh Naik (17), who was to appear Plus-II (Arts)
final exams next month, was found hanging from the tower on
the rooftop of a private hospital.
He was staying with his mother Ranjita Naik in the
hospital premises where she worked as a casual worker, the
The police said Rajesh a quarrel with his mother last
night over his plans to drop the examinations for lack of
But his mother insisted him on appearing the
examination, the police said.
The police have launched an investigation as the boy`s
hands and legs were tied with a rope when hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed