Teenager commits suicide for exam pressure
Cuttack: A teenage student of Ravenshaw
Junior College here allegedly committed suicide on Thursday by
hanging from a mobile tower in Ranihat area after failing to
cope with examination pressure.
Rajesh Naik (17), who was to appear Plus-II (Arts)
final exams next month, was found hanging from the tower on
the rooftop of a private hospital.
He was staying with his mother Ranjita Naik in the
hospital premises where she worked as a casual worker, the
The police said Rajesh a quarrel with his mother last
night over his plans to drop the examinations for lack of
But his mother insisted him on appearing the
examination, the police said.
The police have launched an investigation as the boy`s
hands and legs were tied with a rope when hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'