Teenager commits suicide for exam pressure
Cuttack: A teenage student of Ravenshaw
Junior College here allegedly committed suicide on Thursday by
hanging from a mobile tower in Ranihat area after failing to
cope with examination pressure.
Rajesh Naik (17), who was to appear Plus-II (Arts)
final exams next month, was found hanging from the tower on
the rooftop of a private hospital.
He was staying with his mother Ranjita Naik in the
hospital premises where she worked as a casual worker, the
The police said Rajesh a quarrel with his mother last
night over his plans to drop the examinations for lack of
But his mother insisted him on appearing the
examination, the police said.
The police have launched an investigation as the boy`s
hands and legs were tied with a rope when hanging.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi