Teenager misses job interview in Navy as letter reaches late in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): The department of Post in Odisha has instituted a probe into the unsavory episode as a teenager failed to make it to the sailor job in Indian Navy following delayed delivery of interview letter.
The interview letter dispatched from Delhi on August 25 moved at a snail`s pace and took 14 days to reach Erasama post office in Jagatsinghpur district. Two more days were consumed for the delivery of the letter to addressee`s home which was hardly 2 km from the post office.
As the local youth was deprived of a prospective career option in Navy due to delayed letter delivery, local residents had sat on dharna yesterday seeking stringent action against those responsible for it. Later the agitators had locked up the Erasama sub-divisional post office.
Pravat Biswal who was competing for a sailor job received the interview letter on September 11, the very day of the job interview in the naval base at Chilika.
"I am from a poor family. After completing plus two in science, I had been preparing for the job for almost a year. I am shattered because of criminal negligence of post office. I feel let down," he said.
Meanwhile, authorities of Cuttack (south) postal division has initiated a departmental probe into the alleged delayed in letter`s delivery.
"The departmental inquiry of the matter is being conducted. The letter was in fact delivered belatedly. This was definitely fault on our part. Those responsible for delayed delivery would be taken to task," post master of Erasama sub-divisional post office, Kartik Chandra Dash, said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram