Teenager misses job interview in Navy as letter reaches late in Odisha
Kendrapara (Odisha): The department of Post in Odisha has instituted a probe into the unsavory episode as a teenager failed to make it to the sailor job in Indian Navy following delayed delivery of interview letter.
The interview letter dispatched from Delhi on August 25 moved at a snail`s pace and took 14 days to reach Erasama post office in Jagatsinghpur district. Two more days were consumed for the delivery of the letter to addressee`s home which was hardly 2 km from the post office.
As the local youth was deprived of a prospective career option in Navy due to delayed letter delivery, local residents had sat on dharna yesterday seeking stringent action against those responsible for it. Later the agitators had locked up the Erasama sub-divisional post office.
Pravat Biswal who was competing for a sailor job received the interview letter on September 11, the very day of the job interview in the naval base at Chilika.
"I am from a poor family. After completing plus two in science, I had been preparing for the job for almost a year. I am shattered because of criminal negligence of post office. I feel let down," he said.
Meanwhile, authorities of Cuttack (south) postal division has initiated a departmental probe into the alleged delayed in letter`s delivery.
"The departmental inquiry of the matter is being conducted. The letter was in fact delivered belatedly. This was definitely fault on our part. Those responsible for delayed delivery would be taken to task," post master of Erasama sub-divisional post office, Kartik Chandra Dash, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city