Ten arrested after clash in Ganjam
Berhampur (Odisha): Ten persons were
arrested for alleged involvement in a clash between two groups
in Ganjam district which had claimed a life and injured two
Several others in the village have also been detained
for questioning yesterday, said inspector-in-charge (Hinjili)
A K Barik.
S Pitambar, a 60-year-old man was killed when a rival
group attacked him with sharp weapon, while other two were
injured at Dayapalli village under Hinjili police station.
The condition of the injured persons undergoing
treatment at MKCG Medical College and Hospital here was stated
to be stable.
Although previous enmity between the two groups
persisted in the village since long, sudden provocation
cropped over switching off of a street light near a temple
on the Shivaratri night on Monday, police said.
Additional force was deployed in the village to
maintain law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'