Ten Maoists surrender in Odisha
Malkangiri: Apprehending police encounter, at least 10 Maoists, including a woman cadre, on Tuesday surrendered before the police in Malkangiri district, police said.
The Maoists against whom charges including murder, loot and arson were pending, deserted their camps apparently after realising that they could be killed in police encounter if they did not dissociate with the ultras, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said quoting them.
Besides, they were also fed-up with the ill treatment meted out by cadre from Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the camps and waiting for an opportunity to escape, he said.
While nine of the surrendered Maoists were militia members, the only woman member was a member of the cultural troup `Jana Natya Dalam` of Maoists, Singh said, adding they belonged to Raligada and Tekguda villages in the inaccessible cut-off area of Balimela reservoir.
Those who surrendered were identified as Puyu Jgara, Pullu Pangi, Rangana Butari, Mathlingam Butari, Prasad Rao Kusangi, Hota Itte, Chinabadi Ettangi, Ramna Thamarbi, Sahadeb Thamarbi, Ramarao Duri and Kokli Golari, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'