Ten Maoists surrender in Odisha
Malkangiri: Apprehending police encounter, at least 10 Maoists, including a woman cadre, on Tuesday surrendered before the police in Malkangiri district, police said.
The Maoists against whom charges including murder, loot and arson were pending, deserted their camps apparently after realising that they could be killed in police encounter if they did not dissociate with the ultras, Malkangiri Superintendent of Police Akhileswar Singh said quoting them.
Besides, they were also fed-up with the ill treatment meted out by cadre from Andhra Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the camps and waiting for an opportunity to escape, he said.
While nine of the surrendered Maoists were militia members, the only woman member was a member of the cultural troup `Jana Natya Dalam` of Maoists, Singh said, adding they belonged to Raligada and Tekguda villages in the inaccessible cut-off area of Balimela reservoir.
Those who surrendered were identified as Puyu Jgara, Pullu Pangi, Rangana Butari, Mathlingam Butari, Prasad Rao Kusangi, Hota Itte, Chinabadi Ettangi, Ramna Thamarbi, Sahadeb Thamarbi, Ramarao Duri and Kokli Golari, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you