Ten persons of a gang arrested in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): Ten persons, including six of a criminal gang and four juveniles, were arrested and some bombs and arms seized from them from different places at Chhatrapur in Ganjam district of Odisha, police said.
Four live bombs, a mouser, five rounds of ammunition and three motorcycles were seized from a six-member dacoit gang, who were nabbed from Tampara on Friday, said inspector in charge, Chhatrapur, D K Tripathy.
Several criminal cases were pending against each of the gang members, he said.
Police also arrested four teenagers allegedly involved in loot of brass-metals from the water pipes. They have allegedly looted around 45 houses in Chhatrapur town, he said.
Police also arrested two others who allegedly received the brass-metals from them, Tripathy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT