Three acquitted in Kandhamal riots case
Phulbani (Orissa): Three persons were
acquitted in an arson case in the 2008 Kandhamal riots for
lack of evidence by a fast track court on Saturday.
Additinoal Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-II B N
Mishra acquitted the three due to lack of adequte evidence.
According to the prosecution, the trio were charged
with torching houses of minority comunity members, arson and
unlawful assembly with deadly weapons at village Raikela under
G Udaygiri police station in August, 2008.
Riots had taken place in Kandhamal and elsewhere in
Orissa in the aftermath of the killing of VHP leader
Laxmanananda Saraswati during the Janmastami festival on
August 23, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter