Three acquitted in Kandhamal riots case
Phulbani (Orissa): Three persons were
acquitted in an arson case in the 2008 Kandhamal riots for
lack of evidence by a fast track court on Saturday.
Additinoal Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-II B N
Mishra acquitted the three due to lack of adequte evidence.
According to the prosecution, the trio were charged
with torching houses of minority comunity members, arson and
unlawful assembly with deadly weapons at village Raikela under
G Udaygiri police station in August, 2008.
Riots had taken place in Kandhamal and elsewhere in
Orissa in the aftermath of the killing of VHP leader
Laxmanananda Saraswati during the Janmastami festival on
August 23, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!