Three acquitted in Kandhamal riots case
Phulbani (Orissa): Three persons were
acquitted in an arson case in the 2008 Kandhamal riots for
lack of evidence by a fast track court on Saturday.
Additinoal Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-II B N
Mishra acquitted the three due to lack of adequte evidence.
According to the prosecution, the trio were charged
with torching houses of minority comunity members, arson and
unlawful assembly with deadly weapons at village Raikela under
G Udaygiri police station in August, 2008.
Riots had taken place in Kandhamal and elsewhere in
Orissa in the aftermath of the killing of VHP leader
Laxmanananda Saraswati during the Janmastami festival on
August 23, 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why