Three anti-Posco activists killed in blasts
Bhubaneswar: At least three anti-Posco activists were killed and another critically injured in explosions Saturday in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur district, police said. The activists said it was an attack by the project`s supporters but police termed it accidental.
The explosions occured in Patna village, considered an anti-Posco bastion.
"The three deceased were probably making the bombs which exploded," Superintendent of Police Satyabrata Bhoi told IANS.
However Prashant Paikray, spokesman of the Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samittee, which has been spear-heading the agitation against Posco`s $12 billon steel project in the area, said the three were killed after some supporters of the project hurled crude bombs on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will be in UK in July – know who all he will meet, what all he will do
- 'Over 400 Indians lodged in Pakistani jails till July 2015'
- UN refugee chief urges Pakistanis not to label Afghan refugees 'terrorists'
- Anil Kumble: Undoubtedly one of the greatest, but can he improve India's dismal show overseas?
- MP BJP leader announces Rs one lakh reward for locating Rahul Gandhi