Three anti-Posco activists killed in blasts
Bhubaneswar: At least three anti-Posco activists were killed and another critically injured in explosions Saturday in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur district, police said. The activists said it was an attack by the project`s supporters but police termed it accidental.
The explosions occured in Patna village, considered an anti-Posco bastion.
"The three deceased were probably making the bombs which exploded," Superintendent of Police Satyabrata Bhoi told IANS.
However Prashant Paikray, spokesman of the Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samittee, which has been spear-heading the agitation against Posco`s $12 billon steel project in the area, said the three were killed after some supporters of the project hurled crude bombs on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi