Three anti-Posco activists killed in blasts
Bhubaneswar: At least three anti-Posco activists were killed and another critically injured in explosions Saturday in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur district, police said. The activists said it was an attack by the project`s supporters but police termed it accidental.
The explosions occured in Patna village, considered an anti-Posco bastion.
"The three deceased were probably making the bombs which exploded," Superintendent of Police Satyabrata Bhoi told IANS.
However Prashant Paikray, spokesman of the Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samittee, which has been spear-heading the agitation against Posco`s $12 billon steel project in the area, said the three were killed after some supporters of the project hurled crude bombs on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH