Three anti-Posco activists killed in blasts
Bhubaneswar: At least three anti-Posco activists were killed and another critically injured in explosions Saturday in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur district, police said. The activists said it was an attack by the project`s supporters but police termed it accidental.
The explosions occured in Patna village, considered an anti-Posco bastion.
"The three deceased were probably making the bombs which exploded," Superintendent of Police Satyabrata Bhoi told IANS.
However Prashant Paikray, spokesman of the Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samittee, which has been spear-heading the agitation against Posco`s $12 billon steel project in the area, said the three were killed after some supporters of the project hurled crude bombs on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Jayalalithaa's mortal remains taken to Rajaji Hall for people to pay last respects
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what