Three arrested for illegal mineral smuggling
Rourkela: Three persons involved in
illegal mineral smuggling from Koida mines in Orissa`s
Sundargarh district have been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
The three, residents of Barbil area in adjacent
Keonjhar district, had settled in Koida under Banei
sub-division and have been illegally mining iron ore and
transporting to neighbouring states, they said.
Police last night raided their houses and arrested
Sekhar Gupta and his associates - Hadu Mahakud and Ramesh
The three accused were today produced before a court
in Banei which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief