Three arrested for illegal mineral smuggling
Rourkela: Three persons involved in
illegal mineral smuggling from Koida mines in Orissa`s
Sundargarh district have been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
The three, residents of Barbil area in adjacent
Keonjhar district, had settled in Koida under Banei
sub-division and have been illegally mining iron ore and
transporting to neighbouring states, they said.
Police last night raided their houses and arrested
Sekhar Gupta and his associates - Hadu Mahakud and Ramesh
The three accused were today produced before a court
in Banei which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says