Three arrested for illegal mineral smuggling
Rourkela: Three persons involved in
illegal mineral smuggling from Koida mines in Orissa`s
Sundargarh district have been arrested, police said on Tuesday.
The three, residents of Barbil area in adjacent
Keonjhar district, had settled in Koida under Banei
sub-division and have been illegally mining iron ore and
transporting to neighbouring states, they said.
Police last night raided their houses and arrested
Sekhar Gupta and his associates - Hadu Mahakud and Ramesh
The three accused were today produced before a court
in Banei which remanded them to jail custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Breast cancer breakthrough? 16-year-old Indian-origin boy claims cure for disease
- UN General Assembly President-elect calls on PM Narendra Modi
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside