Three children killed in wall collapse in Odisha
Balasore (Odisha): Three children were killed in separate wall collapse incidents following heavy rain that also damaged thatched houses affecting 2,000 people in Balasore district, officials said on Saturday.
Sania Sing (9) and Basanti Sing (8) were killed when a mud wall collapsed on them at Benapada village last evening.
In another wall collapse incident, Jitendra Das (9) died and five others were injured in Thalsadha village.
Besides, about 2,000 people were affected as many thatched houses were damaged during rain in seven revenue villages in the district, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?