Three Dussehra revellers run-over in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: At least eight people, including five Durga Puja revellers, were killed and 14 others injured in three separate road accidents in Odisha, police said Friday.
The immersion procession of Goddess Durga turned tragic as three revellers were run over by the truck carrying the idol at Khariar Road in Nuapada district last night, police said.
The procession of Gopabandhupara Durga Puja Committee here was in progress last night when the driver of the truck allegedly got down to dance with the revellers.
Finding him away, a youth took position in driver`s seat and started the vehicle which ran over the crowd.
Three persons were killed, one of them on the spot and two while being shifted to hospitals. Seven persons were critically injured, IIC of Jonk police station Jayakumar Patnaik said.
The deceased were identified as Sandip Patel, Bishal Sahu and Heeralal Sahu, he said.
In Dhenkanal district, two revellers were killed and another was injured when the bike in which they were returning home from a Durga Puja pandal in Kamakhyanagar area dashed against a roadside tree, police said.
In another mishap in Ganjam District, three persons were killed and six others injured when the mini bus carrying them overturned in Jarada area yesterday after it skidded off the road, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda