Three held for `honour killing` in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The father and two minor brothers of a 19-year-old woman were arrested on the charge of murdering her in a case of suspected "honour killing", police said Monday.
Minati Dalai was found hanging from a tree near her home at Badapankalabadi village in Ganjam district, about 250 km from state capital c, early Saturday.
During investigations, police found that her father, Surya Dalai, 50, with the help of his two minor sons strangulated her and later hanged her body from a tree to make it look like suicide, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh told IANS.
The father and his sons were angry over her alleged relationship with a local youth despite their repeated warnings. Police arrested the father and his sons, aged 15 and 16, after they confessed to the crime, he said.
This is the second incident of "honour killing" in the district in less than two months. A lover couple were brutally murdered May 11 by the girl`s three brothers at Haladiapadar village in the same district.c
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy