Three held for `honour killing` in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: The father and two minor brothers of a 19-year-old woman were arrested on the charge of murdering her in a case of suspected "honour killing", police said Monday.
Minati Dalai was found hanging from a tree near her home at Badapankalabadi village in Ganjam district, about 250 km from state capital c, early Saturday.
During investigations, police found that her father, Surya Dalai, 50, with the help of his two minor sons strangulated her and later hanged her body from a tree to make it look like suicide, Superintendent of Police Ashish Kumar Singh told IANS.
The father and his sons were angry over her alleged relationship with a local youth despite their repeated warnings. Police arrested the father and his sons, aged 15 and 16, after they confessed to the crime, he said.
This is the second incident of "honour killing" in the district in less than two months. A lover couple were brutally murdered May 11 by the girl`s three brothers at Haladiapadar village in the same district.c
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Have you seen Deepika Padukone's cute video DP yet? Watch now
- Revealed: How terrorists posing as Afghan medical tourists had planned to attack Delhi
- Gautam Deb: The man behind Mamata's successful Mission North Bengal
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav non-committal on liquor ban, asks people to drink less
- IPL 9: This is a million times better than any hundred I have scored - AB de Villiers on 79-run knock vs GL