Three injured in police firing in Orissa
Berhampur: At least three persons were injured when police fired to disperse a stone pelting mob in Kodala area of Ganjam district Friday.
Police had gone there to persuade the locals to lift a
road blockade, but they were attacked with stones by the
protestors, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Southern
Range), R K Sharma said.
Unable to control the mob with canes, police fired injuring three persons, he said.
The people blocked the road in protest against arrest of
45 people in connection with a group clash claiming two lives
early this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued