Three injured in police firing in Orissa
Berhampur: At least three persons were injured when police fired to disperse a stone pelting mob in Kodala area of Ganjam district Friday.
Police had gone there to persuade the locals to lift a
road blockade, but they were attacked with stones by the
protestors, Deputy Inspector General of Police (Southern
Range), R K Sharma said.
Unable to control the mob with canes, police fired injuring three persons, he said.
The people blocked the road in protest against arrest of
45 people in connection with a group clash claiming two lives
early this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali