Three killed in LPG cylinder explosion
Dhenkanal (Odisha): Three workers were killed and four others sustained burn injuries in a LPG cylinder explosion inside a steel company here, police said.
The explosion took place in Phase-II labour colony of the company at Meramundali area early this morning, Sub-divisional Police Officer Ajay Pratap Swain said.
The deceased were identified as Santosh Kewat (35), Bijay Choudhary (34) and Chandrasekhar Kewat (33) of Bokaro district in Jharkhand, Swain said.
All the injured have been shifted to a private hospital at Cuttack where condition of one of them is stated to be critical.
Meanwhile, the company management has decided to provide compensation of Rs 8 lakh to each of the families of the deceased, besides bearing funeral expenses and giving job in the company to one member from the family of each deceased.
The company will also give Rs 1 lakh as ex-gratia to each of the injured and bear the cost of their treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal