Three killed in LPG cylinder explosion
Dhenkanal (Odisha): Three workers were killed and four others sustained burn injuries in a LPG cylinder explosion inside a steel company here, police said.
The explosion took place in Phase-II labour colony of the company at Meramundali area early this morning, Sub-divisional Police Officer Ajay Pratap Swain said.
The deceased were identified as Santosh Kewat (35), Bijay Choudhary (34) and Chandrasekhar Kewat (33) of Bokaro district in Jharkhand, Swain said.
All the injured have been shifted to a private hospital at Cuttack where condition of one of them is stated to be critical.
Meanwhile, the company management has decided to provide compensation of Rs 8 lakh to each of the families of the deceased, besides bearing funeral expenses and giving job in the company to one member from the family of each deceased.
The company will also give Rs 1 lakh as ex-gratia to each of the injured and bear the cost of their treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS