Three killed in LPG cylinder explosion
Dhenkanal (Odisha): Three workers were killed and four others sustained burn injuries in a LPG cylinder explosion inside a steel company here, police said.
The explosion took place in Phase-II labour colony of the company at Meramundali area early this morning, Sub-divisional Police Officer Ajay Pratap Swain said.
The deceased were identified as Santosh Kewat (35), Bijay Choudhary (34) and Chandrasekhar Kewat (33) of Bokaro district in Jharkhand, Swain said.
All the injured have been shifted to a private hospital at Cuttack where condition of one of them is stated to be critical.
Meanwhile, the company management has decided to provide compensation of Rs 8 lakh to each of the families of the deceased, besides bearing funeral expenses and giving job in the company to one member from the family of each deceased.
The company will also give Rs 1 lakh as ex-gratia to each of the injured and bear the cost of their treatment.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?