Three killed in road accident near Rourkela
Rourkela: Three persons, including a
woman, were killed when the motor-cycle they were riding collided with a mini truck at Kalunga-Gurudia road, about 32 km from here, police said today.
The deceased, identified as Danial Kerketa (31) of Kusumdihi village, Hemanti Badaik (23) of Jarada village and Buddhia Oram (25) of Makarchuan village, were returning to their home after attending a meeting at Birikela when the accident took place late last night, they said.
There was tension in the area after the accident as local public staged a demonstration demanding financial compensation to the bereaved families.
Police reached the spot and brought the situation under control. All three bodies were brought to Rourkela this morning and would be handed over to their families after post mortem.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata