Three killed in road accident near Rourkela
Rourkela: Three persons, including a
woman, were killed when the motor-cycle they were riding collided with a mini truck at Kalunga-Gurudia road, about 32 km from here, police said today.
The deceased, identified as Danial Kerketa (31) of Kusumdihi village, Hemanti Badaik (23) of Jarada village and Buddhia Oram (25) of Makarchuan village, were returning to their home after attending a meeting at Birikela when the accident took place late last night, they said.
There was tension in the area after the accident as local public staged a demonstration demanding financial compensation to the bereaved families.
Police reached the spot and brought the situation under control. All three bodies were brought to Rourkela this morning and would be handed over to their families after post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi