Three killed, six injured in mishaps in Rourkela
Rourkela: Three persons were killed and
six others injured, two of them seriously, in three different
mishaps in Sundargarh district, police said Tuesday.
Police said a young engineer, Sudhansu Sekhar
Samantarai (23) was killed when a loaded truck hit his bike
from behind at Ramabahal chowk near Rajgangpur, about
40 km from here last evening. Bidyamayee Giri also an Engineer
who was accompanying him received serious injuries and
admitted to Ispat General Hospital (IGH) here.
In another incident, Rajendra Kisan (40) a teacher
of Kalaiposh under Lahunipada police station died on the spot
and Sukanti Mahakud received injuries when their bike was hit
by a dumper. Both of them were returning from Launipada block
after completing some official work in the block office.
In the third incident, Sagar Kalandi (14) died on the
spot, and four others were injured when the tractor in which
they were travelling overturned near Kuarmunda, about 30 km
from here yesterday, police said.
The driver lost control while negotiating a curve
and the tractor fell under the bridge. The injured were rushed
to Rourkela Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners