Three killed, six injured in mishaps in Rourkela
Rourkela: Three persons were killed and
six others injured, two of them seriously, in three different
mishaps in Sundargarh district, police said Tuesday.
Police said a young engineer, Sudhansu Sekhar
Samantarai (23) was killed when a loaded truck hit his bike
from behind at Ramabahal chowk near Rajgangpur, about
40 km from here last evening. Bidyamayee Giri also an Engineer
who was accompanying him received serious injuries and
admitted to Ispat General Hospital (IGH) here.
In another incident, Rajendra Kisan (40) a teacher
of Kalaiposh under Lahunipada police station died on the spot
and Sukanti Mahakud received injuries when their bike was hit
by a dumper. Both of them were returning from Launipada block
after completing some official work in the block office.
In the third incident, Sagar Kalandi (14) died on the
spot, and four others were injured when the tractor in which
they were travelling overturned near Kuarmunda, about 30 km
from here yesterday, police said.
The driver lost control while negotiating a curve
and the tractor fell under the bridge. The injured were rushed
to Rourkela Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie