Three labourers injured in firing by CISF men
Paradip (Odisha): Three workers were injured when CISF personnel opened fire today to prevent labourers without valid passes from entering the oil refinery here in Jagatsinghpur district.
Following information that some labourers were entering without passes, assistant commandant of CISF Sasanka Sekhar Mohanty, who was monitoring entry at the main gate, prevented them, Additional Superintendent of Police, Paradip, Bijaya Sahu, said.
Angered by this, one of the labourers allegedly kicked Mohanty in the abdomen and in retaliation CISF personnel fired three rounds in which three labourers were injured below the knee, Sahu said.
"The situation is now under control and armed police have been deployed in the area," Sahu said.
Leaders of Baidehi Shramik Union led by Jayant Biswal and Purba Bharatiya Taila Visodhanagara Shramika Union led by Santosh Patnaik, alleged that the CISF opened fire on innocent people in which eight labourers were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview