Three labourers injured in firing by CISF men
Paradip (Odisha): Three workers were injured when CISF personnel opened fire today to prevent labourers without valid passes from entering the oil refinery here in Jagatsinghpur district.
Following information that some labourers were entering without passes, assistant commandant of CISF Sasanka Sekhar Mohanty, who was monitoring entry at the main gate, prevented them, Additional Superintendent of Police, Paradip, Bijaya Sahu, said.
Angered by this, one of the labourers allegedly kicked Mohanty in the abdomen and in retaliation CISF personnel fired three rounds in which three labourers were injured below the knee, Sahu said.
"The situation is now under control and armed police have been deployed in the area," Sahu said.
Leaders of Baidehi Shramik Union led by Jayant Biswal and Purba Bharatiya Taila Visodhanagara Shramika Union led by Santosh Patnaik, alleged that the CISF opened fire on innocent people in which eight labourers were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi