Three labourers injured in firing by CISF men
Paradip (Odisha): Three workers were injured when CISF personnel opened fire today to prevent labourers without valid passes from entering the oil refinery here in Jagatsinghpur district.
Following information that some labourers were entering without passes, assistant commandant of CISF Sasanka Sekhar Mohanty, who was monitoring entry at the main gate, prevented them, Additional Superintendent of Police, Paradip, Bijaya Sahu, said.
Angered by this, one of the labourers allegedly kicked Mohanty in the abdomen and in retaliation CISF personnel fired three rounds in which three labourers were injured below the knee, Sahu said.
"The situation is now under control and armed police have been deployed in the area," Sahu said.
Leaders of Baidehi Shramik Union led by Jayant Biswal and Purba Bharatiya Taila Visodhanagara Shramika Union led by Santosh Patnaik, alleged that the CISF opened fire on innocent people in which eight labourers were injured.
- Centre declines to share info on bringing back Kohinoor
- Parliamentary panel 'anguished' at shortage of faculty in IITs, IIMs
- Good health is the name of the game for Virat Kohli – Check out his fitness mantra!
- Watch: Queen's response to dare from Obamas is simply hilarious!
- WATCH: How Harbhajan Singh, Hardik Pandya put birthday cake all over Rohit Sharma's face