Three labourers injured in firing by CISF men
Paradip (Odisha): Three workers were injured when CISF personnel opened fire today to prevent labourers without valid passes from entering the oil refinery here in Jagatsinghpur district.
Following information that some labourers were entering without passes, assistant commandant of CISF Sasanka Sekhar Mohanty, who was monitoring entry at the main gate, prevented them, Additional Superintendent of Police, Paradip, Bijaya Sahu, said.
Angered by this, one of the labourers allegedly kicked Mohanty in the abdomen and in retaliation CISF personnel fired three rounds in which three labourers were injured below the knee, Sahu said.
"The situation is now under control and armed police have been deployed in the area," Sahu said.
Leaders of Baidehi Shramik Union led by Jayant Biswal and Purba Bharatiya Taila Visodhanagara Shramika Union led by Santosh Patnaik, alleged that the CISF opened fire on innocent people in which eight labourers were injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway
- IIFA 2016: Ranveer Singh gets his fanboy moment with Fawad Khan!
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence