Three landmines seized in Odisha
Rayagada (Odisha): Three powerful landmines planted by Maoists apparently targeting the police were seized by security personnel in the district on Monday.
CRPF and District Voluntary Force (DVF) stumbled upon the landmines during a joint combing operation in the forests near Siriguda, Naxal Operation Cell sources said.
Two of the landmines weighed 20 kg each while the other one was about 10 kg, the sources said, adding, the bomb disposal squad of the police defused them.
Besides the three landmines, four detonators, banners and posters were found hidden in a pit covered with dry leaves and wooden planks inside the forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'