Three landmines seized in Odisha
Rayagada (Odisha): Three powerful landmines planted by Maoists apparently targeting the police were seized by security personnel in the district on Monday.
CRPF and District Voluntary Force (DVF) stumbled upon the landmines during a joint combing operation in the forests near Siriguda, Naxal Operation Cell sources said.
Two of the landmines weighed 20 kg each while the other one was about 10 kg, the sources said, adding, the bomb disposal squad of the police defused them.
Besides the three landmines, four detonators, banners and posters were found hidden in a pit covered with dry leaves and wooden planks inside the forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket