Three landmines seized in Odisha
Rayagada (Odisha): Three powerful landmines planted by Maoists apparently targeting the police were seized by security personnel in the district on Monday.
CRPF and District Voluntary Force (DVF) stumbled upon the landmines during a joint combing operation in the forests near Siriguda, Naxal Operation Cell sources said.
Two of the landmines weighed 20 kg each while the other one was about 10 kg, the sources said, adding, the bomb disposal squad of the police defused them.
Besides the three landmines, four detonators, banners and posters were found hidden in a pit covered with dry leaves and wooden planks inside the forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh