Three Maoists arrested in Odisha
Koraput: Three Maoists, including an armed woman, were arrested by security personnel in two separate operations in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
In a joint operation, a team of BSF and Odisha police today arrested two Maoists, identified as Samuru Miniaka and Dalu Madingi, from a forest area under Naraynpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"During interrogation the duo revealed that they were entrusted with the task of finding out vulnerable points to plant Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) to attack security men patrolling the area. We have recovered a country-made gun from them," the SP said.
Police said the duo had initially joined Maoist backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh (CMAS) and subsequently got arms training before joining Srikakulam-Koraput divisional committee of CPI(Maoist). They were closely associated with Maoist leaders like Daya, Aruna and Sarita.
"Apart from participating in various loot and arson cases, the duo had played active role during bandhs called by the red rebels. They were also involved in blasting mobile towers," the SP said.
In another operation, a woman Maoist cadre allegedly involved in several offences was arrested from a forest near Muslimunda village in Narayanpatna area yesterday, he said.
"The 27-year-old woman ultra, identified as Jurka Praska, was a member of the group of Maoists that murdered Siba Madingi of Jogi Palur on August 11, 2012, and Sukra Huika of Odiapenta village on June 12, 2012," he said, adding a country-made gun was recovered from her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!