Three Maoists arrested in Odisha
Koraput: Three Maoists, including an armed woman, were arrested by security personnel in two separate operations in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
In a joint operation, a team of BSF and Odisha police today arrested two Maoists, identified as Samuru Miniaka and Dalu Madingi, from a forest area under Naraynpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"During interrogation the duo revealed that they were entrusted with the task of finding out vulnerable points to plant Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) to attack security men patrolling the area. We have recovered a country-made gun from them," the SP said.
Police said the duo had initially joined Maoist backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh (CMAS) and subsequently got arms training before joining Srikakulam-Koraput divisional committee of CPI(Maoist). They were closely associated with Maoist leaders like Daya, Aruna and Sarita.
"Apart from participating in various loot and arson cases, the duo had played active role during bandhs called by the red rebels. They were also involved in blasting mobile towers," the SP said.
In another operation, a woman Maoist cadre allegedly involved in several offences was arrested from a forest near Muslimunda village in Narayanpatna area yesterday, he said.
"The 27-year-old woman ultra, identified as Jurka Praska, was a member of the group of Maoists that murdered Siba Madingi of Jogi Palur on August 11, 2012, and Sukra Huika of Odiapenta village on June 12, 2012," he said, adding a country-made gun was recovered from her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why