Three Maoists arrested in Odisha
Koraput: Three Maoists, including an armed woman, were arrested by security personnel in two separate operations in Odisha`s Koraput district, police said on Sunday.
In a joint operation, a team of BSF and Odisha police today arrested two Maoists, identified as Samuru Miniaka and Dalu Madingi, from a forest area under Naraynpatna police limits, Koraput Superintendent of Police Awinash Kumar said.
"During interrogation the duo revealed that they were entrusted with the task of finding out vulnerable points to plant Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) to attack security men patrolling the area. We have recovered a country-made gun from them," the SP said.
Police said the duo had initially joined Maoist backed Chasi Muliya Adivasi Sangh (CMAS) and subsequently got arms training before joining Srikakulam-Koraput divisional committee of CPI(Maoist). They were closely associated with Maoist leaders like Daya, Aruna and Sarita.
"Apart from participating in various loot and arson cases, the duo had played active role during bandhs called by the red rebels. They were also involved in blasting mobile towers," the SP said.
In another operation, a woman Maoist cadre allegedly involved in several offences was arrested from a forest near Muslimunda village in Narayanpatna area yesterday, he said.
"The 27-year-old woman ultra, identified as Jurka Praska, was a member of the group of Maoists that murdered Siba Madingi of Jogi Palur on August 11, 2012, and Sukra Huika of Odiapenta village on June 12, 2012," he said, adding a country-made gun was recovered from her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20