Three Maoists surrender in Orissa
Keonjhar: Three hardcore Maoists,
involved in several offences including attack on securitymen, surrendered before the police along with weapons in Orissa`s Keonjhar district Friday.
The red rebels, identified as Sadhu Mahakud, Mahendra
and Marco, surrendered in the presence of deputy inspector
general of police, western range, Yashwant Jethwa here.
The three, active members of Kalinga Nagar division of
the Maoist outfit for last couple of years, laid down some
arms including a country-made gun as well as Rs 25,000 cash
while surrendering, superintendent of police Asish Singh said.
While Marco had been operating in the rebel cadre
since 2002 in close contact with top Maoist leader Sabyasachi
Panda and hardcore ultras of Chhattisgarh, Mahendra acted as
the body guard of senior rebel leader Sushil, he said.
The rebels were involved in the attack on police
establishments in Nayagarh district in February, 2008, Singh
said adding they were also involved in the attack on forest
beat house and several incidents of explosions and firing in
Mayurbhanj district and elsewhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH