Three members of inter-state ATM theft gang arrested
Malkangiri: Three members of an inter-state ATM theft gang were arrested in New Delhi and brought back here, police said on Thursday.
A laptop, 190 fake ATM cards, fake and original voter identity cards, pan cards, passport and magnet data entry cards were seized from their possession, Akhileswar Singh, Superintendent of police, Malkangiri said.
The accused were identified as Dijan Majumdar (31) of Maharashtra, Asit Dutta (35) of Bardhaman district in West Bengal and Sonal Likhar (25) of Nagpur in Maharashtra.
Earlier, nine members of the gang including its mastermind Haridas Biswas and five members of his family were arrested in Malkangiri. Incidentally, the sister of Haridas was a police constable.
Following information received from Haridas, the SP deputed a police team to New Delhi to arrest the three other culprits.
The team from Malkangiri with the help of cyber crime police at New Delhi arrested the three miscreants from Greater Kailash area of New Delhi, Singh said adding that their pictures were captured during the act in the CCTV camera. They were staying in Delhi in a rented accommodation and committing the crime.
The gang members were withdrawing money from various bank ATMs with the help of the fake cards and withdrew about Rs 50 crore alone in Odisha.
Besides, they have withdrawn money from many bank ATMs from different parts of the county, including Andhra Pradesh and New Delhi.
On interrogation they confessed that they were employed by Biswas in the illegal trade.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq