Three members of inter-state ATM theft gang arrested
Malkangiri: Three members of an inter-state ATM theft gang were arrested in New Delhi and brought back here, police said on Thursday.
A laptop, 190 fake ATM cards, fake and original voter identity cards, pan cards, passport and magnet data entry cards were seized from their possession, Akhileswar Singh, Superintendent of police, Malkangiri said.
The accused were identified as Dijan Majumdar (31) of Maharashtra, Asit Dutta (35) of Bardhaman district in West Bengal and Sonal Likhar (25) of Nagpur in Maharashtra.
Earlier, nine members of the gang including its mastermind Haridas Biswas and five members of his family were arrested in Malkangiri. Incidentally, the sister of Haridas was a police constable.
Following information received from Haridas, the SP deputed a police team to New Delhi to arrest the three other culprits.
The team from Malkangiri with the help of cyber crime police at New Delhi arrested the three miscreants from Greater Kailash area of New Delhi, Singh said adding that their pictures were captured during the act in the CCTV camera. They were staying in Delhi in a rented accommodation and committing the crime.
The gang members were withdrawing money from various bank ATMs with the help of the fake cards and withdrew about Rs 50 crore alone in Odisha.
Besides, they have withdrawn money from many bank ATMs from different parts of the county, including Andhra Pradesh and New Delhi.
On interrogation they confessed that they were employed by Biswas in the illegal trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- Al-Qaeda wanted to swap PM's abducted son for Zawahiri's women
- Will Jacqueline Fernandez do a sex comedy? Details inside
- Dalit reporter in Pakistan forced to eat separately at workplace
- India's MTCR entry will boost non-proliferation efforts: US