Three members of inter-state ATM theft gang arrested
Malkangiri: Three members of an inter-state ATM theft gang were arrested in New Delhi and brought back here, police said on Thursday.
A laptop, 190 fake ATM cards, fake and original voter identity cards, pan cards, passport and magnet data entry cards were seized from their possession, Akhileswar Singh, Superintendent of police, Malkangiri said.
The accused were identified as Dijan Majumdar (31) of Maharashtra, Asit Dutta (35) of Bardhaman district in West Bengal and Sonal Likhar (25) of Nagpur in Maharashtra.
Earlier, nine members of the gang including its mastermind Haridas Biswas and five members of his family were arrested in Malkangiri. Incidentally, the sister of Haridas was a police constable.
Following information received from Haridas, the SP deputed a police team to New Delhi to arrest the three other culprits.
The team from Malkangiri with the help of cyber crime police at New Delhi arrested the three miscreants from Greater Kailash area of New Delhi, Singh said adding that their pictures were captured during the act in the CCTV camera. They were staying in Delhi in a rented accommodation and committing the crime.
The gang members were withdrawing money from various bank ATMs with the help of the fake cards and withdrew about Rs 50 crore alone in Odisha.
Besides, they have withdrawn money from many bank ATMs from different parts of the county, including Andhra Pradesh and New Delhi.
On interrogation they confessed that they were employed by Biswas in the illegal trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city