Three more convicted in Kandhamal riot case
Phulbani (Orissa): A fast track court here
sentenced three persons to three years rigorous imprisonment on Thursday for killing a man during the communal riot in Kandhamal
and acquitted seven others.
Fast Track Court-I Judge S K Das while sentencing three
tribals also imposed a fine of Rs 1,000 each for killing
Sidheswar Pradhan, a member of a minority group belonging to
Sulesuru village under Tikabali police station on August 25,
According to the prosecution, the victim was clubbed to
death by the trio in front of the villagers and his family
members and his body set on fire.
The court acquitted seven others due to lack of
evidence against them.
Ten others accused of setting houses of minority people
ablaze were acquitted due to lack of evidence against them.
With the conviction of three persons, the total number of
people convicted for the Kandhamal riots has gone up to 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price