Three Naxals apprehended, 20 kg of IED seized in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Security forces Wednesday apprehended three suspected Naxals and recovered 20kg of improvised bombs in two separate incidents in Left Wing Extremism-affected areas of Odisha.
The three suspected Maoists were held by a patrol squad of paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force from Patrapalli area under Bisra police station area of Sundergarh district.
The suspects have been identified as Rajkumar Sahu (21), Uma Sahoo (22) and Anil Lakra (23), a senior official said. They have been handed over to local police, he added.
In a separate incident, two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) of ten kilograms each were recovered by the force from Daitari area in Keonjhar district.
The IEDs were concealed in a jungle and it is suspected that they were meant for targeting security forces, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS