Three Naxals apprehended, 20 kg of IED seized in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Security forces Wednesday apprehended three suspected Naxals and recovered 20kg of improvised bombs in two separate incidents in Left Wing Extremism-affected areas of Odisha.
The three suspected Maoists were held by a patrol squad of paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force from Patrapalli area under Bisra police station area of Sundergarh district.
The suspects have been identified as Rajkumar Sahu (21), Uma Sahoo (22) and Anil Lakra (23), a senior official said. They have been handed over to local police, he added.
In a separate incident, two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) of ten kilograms each were recovered by the force from Daitari area in Keonjhar district.
The IEDs were concealed in a jungle and it is suspected that they were meant for targeting security forces, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption