Three Naxals apprehended, 20 kg of IED seized in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Security forces Wednesday apprehended three suspected Naxals and recovered 20kg of improvised bombs in two separate incidents in Left Wing Extremism-affected areas of Odisha.
The three suspected Maoists were held by a patrol squad of paramilitary Central Reserve Police Force from Patrapalli area under Bisra police station area of Sundergarh district.
The suspects have been identified as Rajkumar Sahu (21), Uma Sahoo (22) and Anil Lakra (23), a senior official said. They have been handed over to local police, he added.
In a separate incident, two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) of ten kilograms each were recovered by the force from Daitari area in Keonjhar district.
The IEDs were concealed in a jungle and it is suspected that they were meant for targeting security forces, the official said.
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary