Three new Orissa HC judges sworn-in
Cuttack: Three new judges were administered oath as additional judges of the Orissa High Court here Thursday.
Chief Justice C Nagappan administered the oath of offices to Justice Bidyut Ranjan Sarangi, Justice Biswajit Mohanty and Justice Akshaya Kumar Rath as additional judges of the court.
Many former judges of the High Court, Advocate General Ashok Kumar Mohanty and members of the bar council were present at the swearing-in ceremony which was held inside the court premises.
State cabinet minister Devi Prasanna Mishra and police commissioner Sunil K Ray also attended the ceremony.
With this, the strength of the judges in the High Court went up to 15, including the Chief Justice. Prior to their new assignments, the three new judges were practising as lawyers of the High Court.
Immediately after the swearing-in ceremony, the three new judges presided over their respective benches on the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown