Three of a family held for cheating Delhi bank
Rourkela: Three members of a family were
arrested from a hotel here for allegedly withdrawing Rs 27
lakh from a public sector bank in New Delhi after producing
fake certificates and identity cards, police said on Friday.
Murari Mohan Dash, his son Srinath Dash and his
dauther-in-law Padmalaya Tripathy were arrested by a police
team from Delhi with the help of local police last night.
The bank had filed a complaint against all three with
Dwarika Sector 23 police station of New Delhi.
All three accused, natives of Uttarkula area of
Jagatsinghpur district in Odisha, had allegedly cheated Indian
Overseas Bank, New Delhi of Rs 27 lakh after producing fake
certificates and fake identity cards.
During interrogation they said they had been hiding in
different towns of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand before
coming here two days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet