Three of a family held for cheating Delhi bank
Rourkela: Three members of a family were
arrested from a hotel here for allegedly withdrawing Rs 27
lakh from a public sector bank in New Delhi after producing
fake certificates and identity cards, police said on Friday.
Murari Mohan Dash, his son Srinath Dash and his
dauther-in-law Padmalaya Tripathy were arrested by a police
team from Delhi with the help of local police last night.
The bank had filed a complaint against all three with
Dwarika Sector 23 police station of New Delhi.
All three accused, natives of Uttarkula area of
Jagatsinghpur district in Odisha, had allegedly cheated Indian
Overseas Bank, New Delhi of Rs 27 lakh after producing fake
certificates and fake identity cards.
During interrogation they said they had been hiding in
different towns of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand before
coming here two days ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!