Three of a family held for cheating Delhi bank
Rourkela: Three members of a family were
arrested from a hotel here for allegedly withdrawing Rs 27
lakh from a public sector bank in New Delhi after producing
fake certificates and identity cards, police said on Friday.
Murari Mohan Dash, his son Srinath Dash and his
dauther-in-law Padmalaya Tripathy were arrested by a police
team from Delhi with the help of local police last night.
The bank had filed a complaint against all three with
Dwarika Sector 23 police station of New Delhi.
All three accused, natives of Uttarkula area of
Jagatsinghpur district in Odisha, had allegedly cheated Indian
Overseas Bank, New Delhi of Rs 27 lakh after producing fake
certificates and fake identity cards.
During interrogation they said they had been hiding in
different towns of Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand before
coming here two days ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India