Three persons killed, injured in lightning strike in Odisha
Berhampur: Three persons, including a woman, were killed and four injured when lightning hit them at a village in Odisha`s Gajapati district, police said Thursday.
Lightning struck the victims while they were standing inside a hut near a maize field to escape the rain at Chandiput village yesterday, the police said.
The injured were admitted to a health centre at Chandiput.
The deceased were identified as Manjula Nayak (40) of Chandiput, Kanhu Nayak (48) of Ankili and Udaya Nath Nayak (35) of Bhobatiguda near Chandiput, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata