Three teachers killed in road accident in Odisha
Sambalpur: Three teachers were killed and another was critically injured after the jeep in which they were travelling hit a tree in Odisha`s Sambalpur district, police said Tuesday.
The mishap occurred near Chahatapada, about 85 km from here, last night, the police said.
The victims were identified as a teacher of nearby Pabitra Mohan High School Rajanikanta Sahu, his elder brother and a retired head master Ramakanta Sahu and a Middle schhol English teacher Sridhar Majhi.
While the siblings were returning from Angul to their place at Jagannath Prasad, Majhi had joined them at Rairakhol.
The driver of the vehicle, who was pulled out of the badly damaged jeep, was undergoing treatment at VSS Medical College Hospital at Burla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players