Three tribals acquitted in Kandhmal riot case
Phulbani (Orissa): A local court here acquitted
three tribal men who were arrested for alleged involvement in
during Kandhamal riot.
S K Das, Additional Sessions Judge acquitted them due to lack
of evidence yesterday. They were Umesh Pradhan, Senapaty
Pradhan and Tidinga Pradhan, all belong to Sulesaru village
in Tikabali police station.
The three had allegedly set fire to some houses of a
particular community in their village during the riots, the
In this connection, an FIR was lodged by Ludura Digal in
Tikabali police station and the three accused were arrested.
With the acquittal of these three, 49 persons have so far
been acquitted and 13 persons convicted in connection with 15
riot-related cases by two fast track courts here.
Eight hundred and fourty-five persons were arrested in
connection with 827 cases registered during the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex slips from 11-month high ahead of Fed, BoJ meets
- AN 32 one of safest aircraft with IAF, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis seeks justice for Narsingh Yadav, amidst doping row
- India finds promising natural gas hydrates in Bay of Bengal
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang