Three women Maoists arrested
Berhampur: Three women Maoists,
including two from Chhattisgarh, were arrested during a special
operation by police from Odisha`s southern district of Ganjam.
Ganjam superintendent of police Rajesh Pandit said the
three were arrested yesterday evening near Soroda.
Out of the three, two were women cadres from Chhattisgarh
and one from Daringbadi in Odisha.
They were arrested when the rebels were coming for a
medical check up of one of the married female cadres.
One of them Malati Majhi was the personal secretary of
top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda and was allegedly involved
in the Nayagarh attack in which 13 policemen were killed.
She was also allegedly involved in mobile tower
destruction at Ashurabandh and Merikote, murder of a
contractor at Bhramarabadi and Kerubadi in Ganjam district,
the police said.
The third Maoist, who hails from Chhattisgarh, was
alleged in the recent landmine blast at Srirampur in Kandhamal
district which claimed the lives of three police personnel,
the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you