Three-year-old mercilessly beaten up at aaganwadi centre
Dhenkanal (Orissa): A three-year-old
Dalit boy was allegedly beaten up mercilessly today by his
teacher at an aaganwadi centre in Dhenkanal district, police
The victim, identified as Likuna, a resident of
Belapada village under Odapada block, 25 km from here, was
allegedly beaten up by aaganwadi worker Dharitri Swain
teaching pre-school children.
"We have registered a case against the lady aaganwadi
worker today," said Gopinath Baliarsingh, the Assistant
Sub-inspector in-charge of the Motanga police outpost.
While the child was rushed to hospital for medical
examination, the accused aaganwadi worker went hiding, the
officer said adding that it is not yet known as to why
the child was beaten.
District Social Welfare Officer Tuna Behera who rushed
to the spot said that red scar marks were clearly visible on
boy`s cheeks, shoulder and other parts of his body.
The aaganwadi centre distributes nutritious food among
the children and acts as a play school for below five-year-old
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love