Three-year-old mercilessly beaten up at aaganwadi centre
Dhenkanal (Orissa): A three-year-old
Dalit boy was allegedly beaten up mercilessly today by his
teacher at an aaganwadi centre in Dhenkanal district, police
The victim, identified as Likuna, a resident of
Belapada village under Odapada block, 25 km from here, was
allegedly beaten up by aaganwadi worker Dharitri Swain
teaching pre-school children.
"We have registered a case against the lady aaganwadi
worker today," said Gopinath Baliarsingh, the Assistant
Sub-inspector in-charge of the Motanga police outpost.
While the child was rushed to hospital for medical
examination, the accused aaganwadi worker went hiding, the
officer said adding that it is not yet known as to why
the child was beaten.
District Social Welfare Officer Tuna Behera who rushed
to the spot said that red scar marks were clearly visible on
boy`s cheeks, shoulder and other parts of his body.
The aaganwadi centre distributes nutritious food among
the children and acts as a play school for below five-year-old
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid