TI parade held in British woman molestation case
Bhubaneswar: A test identification (TI)
parade was today conducted inside a jail in Orissa`s Puri
district to confirm arrest of the accused person allegedly
involved in the molestation of a British woman yesterday.
"TI parade was conducted at Nimapada jail today,"
Superintendent of Police (SP) Sanjay Kumar told reporters. He,
however, did not confirm whether the alleged victim identified
the accused person or not.
The alleged victim was told to identify the accused
person during the TI parade, sources said.
The accused an employee of state run Yatri Nivas was
suspended from the service, sources said.
Meanwhile, worried over the increasing attack on foreign
tourists in Orissa, the state government today constituted a
joint administrative committee to probe into the alleged
molestation of the British woman at Konark yesterday,
official sources said.
"The senior officers of Orissa Tourism Development
Corporation and Tourism department today visited Konark and
met the alleged molestation victim," said a senior official.
The general manager of OTDC and an assistant director
of tourism department would submit their report after probing
into the yesterday`s incident where an employee of the state
run Yatri Nivas allegedly molested a British woman.
"The person involved in the incident will be
punished," said Orissa Tourism minister Debi Prasad Mishra
adding that the senior officials rushed to Konark to probe
into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- 'Befikre' Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor's latest STILL will make you standstill!
- Mars had climate suitable for life four billion years ago
- Wedding SONG of the year 'Nachde Ne Saare' has Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra dance to glory! Watch
- Afzal Guru event: JNU panel holds 21 students 'guilty of indiscipline'; no relief to Umar, Anirban
- Water shortage may have led to demise of Maya civilisation