TI parade held in British woman molestation case
Bhubaneswar: A test identification (TI)
parade was today conducted inside a jail in Orissa`s Puri
district to confirm arrest of the accused person allegedly
involved in the molestation of a British woman yesterday.
"TI parade was conducted at Nimapada jail today,"
Superintendent of Police (SP) Sanjay Kumar told reporters. He,
however, did not confirm whether the alleged victim identified
the accused person or not.
The alleged victim was told to identify the accused
person during the TI parade, sources said.
The accused an employee of state run Yatri Nivas was
suspended from the service, sources said.
Meanwhile, worried over the increasing attack on foreign
tourists in Orissa, the state government today constituted a
joint administrative committee to probe into the alleged
molestation of the British woman at Konark yesterday,
official sources said.
"The senior officers of Orissa Tourism Development
Corporation and Tourism department today visited Konark and
met the alleged molestation victim," said a senior official.
The general manager of OTDC and an assistant director
of tourism department would submit their report after probing
into the yesterday`s incident where an employee of the state
run Yatri Nivas allegedly molested a British woman.
"The person involved in the incident will be
punished," said Orissa Tourism minister Debi Prasad Mishra
adding that the senior officials rushed to Konark to probe
into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border