TI parade held in British woman molestation case
Bhubaneswar: A test identification (TI)
parade was today conducted inside a jail in Orissa`s Puri
district to confirm arrest of the accused person allegedly
involved in the molestation of a British woman yesterday.
"TI parade was conducted at Nimapada jail today,"
Superintendent of Police (SP) Sanjay Kumar told reporters. He,
however, did not confirm whether the alleged victim identified
the accused person or not.
The alleged victim was told to identify the accused
person during the TI parade, sources said.
The accused an employee of state run Yatri Nivas was
suspended from the service, sources said.
Meanwhile, worried over the increasing attack on foreign
tourists in Orissa, the state government today constituted a
joint administrative committee to probe into the alleged
molestation of the British woman at Konark yesterday,
official sources said.
"The senior officers of Orissa Tourism Development
Corporation and Tourism department today visited Konark and
met the alleged molestation victim," said a senior official.
The general manager of OTDC and an assistant director
of tourism department would submit their report after probing
into the yesterday`s incident where an employee of the state
run Yatri Nivas allegedly molested a British woman.
"The person involved in the incident will be
punished," said Orissa Tourism minister Debi Prasad Mishra
adding that the senior officials rushed to Konark to probe
into the incident.
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality