Top Maoist`s wife meets DGP, sparks speculation over surrender
Cuttack: Top Maoist leader Sabyasachi Panda`s wife on Wednesday met Odisha DGP Prakash Mishra, sparking speculation over his possible surrender.
As Panda`s key associates are being eliminated one after another, talks on Panda`s surrender gained momentum when his wife Subhashree Dash, alias Mili, met the DGP.
After failing to meet Mishra at his camp office in Bhubaneswar last month, Mili was allowed to meet him at the police headquarters here and the two had a one-to one discussion for over an hour, the police said.
While Mili refused to divulge what transpired between them, the DGP parried all questions by the media and merely said Mili had come to meet him over pending police cases registered against her.
Some cases were registered against Mili recently over her alleged involvement in supplying explosives to Maoists.
However, speculation is rife here that Mili met the DGP to find a way out so that her husband could surrender with dignity. Panda is now left alone in jungles as most of his key associates were killed in police encounters or arrested.
Sources said Panda`s life is in danger as he is surrounded by the police on one side while his one-time fellow Maoists from Andhra Pradesh are baying for his blood from the other side.
Panda, who quit the CPI(Maoist) to form Odisha Maovadi Party in late 2011, is reported to have over 50 cases pending against him, including the attack on Nayagarh armoury and murder of Hindu leader Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati.
Panda issued an audio tape from his hideout in the jungle, barely hours after his wife meeting the DGP.
In the tape, he refused to surrender and blamed political parties for alleged atrocities on innocent tribals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing